Sunday, April 25, 2010

I Missed Again

I am just not very good at this everyday blog thing, gosh! It's not that I'm not trying...honest to goodness I am...life just seems to have this very funny way of becoming really busy really quickly. :)

Just before I pulled up my blog page here, I read my daily devotional from this fantastic devotional Bible that I got from Goodwill. Each day has a story written by a different person that corresponds to a verse, or a set of verses in the Bible. I read one of these stories each day. Today's was about a woman who was 30 years old, pregnant, and in the hospital recovering from an appendectomy. A year and a half earlier, she had a miscarriage. Two years before that, her 3-month old son died of congenital heart disease.

Can..you...even....imagine???

I can't. I know I can't. I'd like to think that I know how devastated she felt, but as I don't even have kids yet, I know I'm nowhere close to knowing how she felt. Then, when they baby was born, they discovered he had autism and instead of being bummed, or cursing God for giving her more struggle or getting upset at her circumstances, she quoted Isaiah 40:31, "Those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint." Do you know why she got through those years? Those difficult, trying, heartbreaking years?? Because she relied on God as her strength. On our own, we are WEAK WEAK WEAK. But if we trust in God, we will be able to run endlessly, walk without getting tired, and FLY. That first step, though, is key. We must first trust.

[Louise Tucker Jones is the name of the lady who wrote this incredible story that I read today. She is in inspirational speaker and author. I encourage you to look up some of her work! Also, the name of the devotional Bible that I am reading through is the One Year Life Verse Devotional by: Jay K. Payleitner. There are some incredible stories in here-I encourage you to pick up a copy if you don't have a devotional Bible already!]

No comments:

Post a Comment