Sunday, April 18, 2010

Already Forgetful...and Yet Ridiculously Selfish

I know, I know...I forgot to blog yesterday!! Dang--only a few days into this "blog for a year" thing and I'm already forgetful...Go me! :)

Yesterday was a fun-filled day of sleeping in, Kenpo, Chuck-marathoning, Chipotle, tag-team babysitting the Deutsch kiddos, and Chadley surprising me with a trip through the Sonic drive-through on the way home for limeades. (Speaking of limeades, I couldn't finish my entire drink so it's still in the fridge...maybe I should go get it...mmm!) It was the perfect weekend-day, relaxed and super fun!

You'd think, as much time as Chad and I spend together that we'd be picking at each other all the time, sick of each other, and desperate for time alone. Maybe we're still in the "honeymoon phase"...but we are two of the best friends in the world. He is my video game partner, always teaching me HOW to play them in the first place and then guiding me through step by step, giving me tips on how to get better. He is my comic relief, always coming up with the perfect punch lines to push me to the verge of peeing in my pants. He is my protector, always holding onto my arm when we walk around so that he can stop me when I lose myself in the OH-so-important-and-riveting story that I'm telling to avoid getting run over my cars, crazy shoppers or little kids playing chase with their limitless amounts of energy. He is my teacher, kindly helping me adjust to the fact that the phrase that I've always used "all-of-the-sudden" is actually "all-of-a-sudden." He is my confidence-builder, always boosting my self-esteem when it seems like I was not blessed with ANY natural skills. He is my joy, always making me smile in times when it seems like I don't have anything else to smile about (and then he helps me realize what I DO have to smile about). This guy is one-in-a-million and he is mine...all mine. :)

So...forgetful and selfish, what a combo for today! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment