Monday, April 19, 2010

I Am My Mother's Daughter

I know I'm my mother's daughter because my day consisted of painting my bathroom (which used to be covered in an icky wallpaper) and a rampage of the Goodwills in the Colorado Springs area. I ended up with books (as always), a really nice women's devotional Bible, a really nice yearly devotional Bible, a shirt, sweatshirt, pair of shoes, picture frames, curtains, a candle, a dish, and a vase. All of this for under $40! What a steal!! Grocery shopping wasn't quite as cheap...but hey, gotta feed the hungry bellies of the Duncan household.

Our main level bathroom is now...what could best be described as...spring green. Yup! Despite a power outage while I was on a stool in my very tiny bathroom with a paint tray and open paint can on the floor...the first coat has been applied! I have to go back tomorrow and do another coat after I go get a straight-edger pad from Lowes and once all four of the walls have dried. Next step in bathroom remodel?? Picking out a nice, new, bright rug and towel to brighten up the space and compliment the vase of orange and yellow flowers that is going to go on the counter. Bright?? You said it! Eventually I'd really like to get a new mirror (but am needing some ideas as to where to get a semi-inexpensive, yet chic oval shaped mirror-possibly with a frame around it), an entirely new vanity (or just a pedestal sink, and turn that icky linoleum floor into nice tile (or hardwood). How can one room possibly need so much work??

That's only the bathroom. The other rooms in our house need a great deal of attention as well. But absolutely NOTHING else will be modified until we for sure buy the house. We don't want to sink any more money into something we don't even own...but once it's ours...I'm gonna go a little nuts!!

Master List of Renovation Tasks:

1. Replace all the linoleum in the house with wood and/or tile.
2. New carpet?
3. Paint ALL the walls. (Tying the blog title in here...;)
4. Remove the wood paneling in the entryway and living room.
5. New hardware in the bathrooms and kitchen.
6. New kitchen counters.
7. Refinish the cabinets?
8. Paint the outside of the house a more attractive color.
9. Build a better deck out back.
10. Build a storage shed for the "garden tools." (Lawnmowers...)
11. Pretty up the front yard with some flowers.
12. New light fixtures in almost every room.
13. New outlets (in WHITE).

Okay, I'll stop there...for now. :) What can I say...it's in my blood!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment