Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Amen


–interjection
1. it is so; so be it (used after a prayer, creed, or other formal statement to express solemn ratification or agreement).

–adverb
2. verily; truly.

–noun
3. an utterance of the interjection “amen.”
4. a musical setting for such an utterance.
5. an expression of concurrence or assent.

This is my idea for my first tattoo. Obviously I'm not talking about the entire dictionary.com definition of the word Amen but rather the Arabic writing of the word. I'm looking at getting it on my neck, but I'm still thinking. I want to be absolutely sure before it is permanently etched into my skin. But what better to have etched into my skin than the word which falls so freely from my lips. Amen God. Amen. It would be me saying YES to God. It would be my way of always reminding myself that I concur with God, I don't disagree or fight or rebel against Him. I agree. (Or at least that I should!!)

3 comments:

  1. Excellent idea :) Do you have a 2nd location choice?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try getting a temporary tattoo - with henna? It lasts only a couple of weeks or so and it would give you a good idea whether or not you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If not my neck...then maybe....my shoulder?? Either back or side??

    ReplyDelete