Tuesday, September 22, 2009

So we're bloggers now.....

Hmmm.....I think I understand how this works!! We write all about the things that have happened, that are happening, and things that are going to happen (and how we "feel" about it all!)....what a splendid idea!!!

First and foremost, I'll say that our faith in God is the common thread that brought us together and will keep us that way for the long haul. Everything else is icing, as they say. We met through church, Meridian Point in Falcon, CO, and we started talking through an activity sponsored and set up by the church (Lifegroups). I will call that the launch point for our relationship....and to be honest, that is EXACTLY how it is supposed to work! (my 2 cents :) )

Second and not nearly as important as my first point, we are absolute goofs! Even when we're having frustrating days, we tend to do or say something ridiculous in order to lighten the mood and get back to being mostly relaxed. Yeah, I think goof is the right word (and I'm sure that Alyssa's family thinks it's just her!!!....and I'll keep it that way until they read this!)

Third (and final for the day), we are in love. Anyone who has watched 12 minutes of daytime television in the last 10 years might think this line cliche, but I will take a second to clarify. We are completely honest with each other and share unbelievable minute details to ensure complete disclosure daily(e.g. "I bought some chocolate milk this morning because I haven't had any in a long time and I really wanted it!") In addition to being honest, we enjoy each others company and the power of quiet conversation. We spent the first 3 months getting to know each other via telephone and the occasional coffee stop at Starbucks (her blood is MADE of chai!!). We talked each night and periodically throughout the weekends. The amount of things we have in common is just right. Not everything and not nothing. They say opposites attract....and I say that God puts you right where you need to be .....and magnetizes you as He sees fit. Save for work and my part-time woodworking gig, we spend as much time as we can together because we want to. So, I say again, we are in love.

As Alyssa said above, we will sit down tomorrow or in the next couple days and tell about the engagement (which was an absolute blast to plan!).

Chad

1 comment: